Dongola Climate & Temperature
- Dongola, Sudan is at 19°10'N, 30°29'E, 226 m (741 ft). See map.
- Dongola has a subtropical desert / low-latitude arid hot climate (Köppen-Geiger classification: BWh)
- According to the Holdridge life zones system of bioclimatic classification Dongola is situated in or near the tropical desert biome.
- The average annual temperature is 27.3 degrees Celsius (81.1 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 16.4 °C (29.5°F). This indicates that the continentality type is oceanic, subtype truly oceanic.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 17.8 mm (0.7 inches) which is equivalent to 17.8 Litres/m² (0.44 Gallons/ft²).
- If you were to burrow down through the Earth from Dongola you would come out nearest to the climate station at Papeete, Tahiti, French Polynesia where you would find a Tropical monsoonal climate.
Rio de Janeiro,
Climate of Dongola, Sudan Discussion
Post your insights, comments, questions, answers, feedback, error reports, related link suggestions etc. using the easy form below:
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides:
- Aswan, Egypt - 585.6 kms (363.9 miles) NNE
- Wadi Halfa, Sudan - 308.2 kms (191.5 miles) NNE
- No. 6, Sudan - 278.7 kms (173.2 miles) NE
- Arbaat, Sudan - 683.5 kms (424.8 miles) E
- Abu Hamed, Sudan - 300 kms (186.4 miles) E
- Karima/ Kuraymah, Sudan - 159.3 kms (99 miles) ESE
- Atbara, Sudan - 402 kms (249.8 miles) ESE
- Hudeiba, Sudan - 405.2 kms (251.8 miles) ESE
- Shendi, Sudan - 415.5 kms (258.2 miles) SE
- Shambat, Sudan - 445.8 kms (277 miles) SSE
- Khartoum, Sudan - 453.2 kms (281.6 miles) SSE
- Halfa El Gedida, Sudan - 691.6 kms (429.8 miles) SE
- Wad Medani, Sudan - 618.8 kms (384.5 miles) SSE
- Ed Dueim, Sudan - 607.4 kms (377.4 miles) SSE