Dongola Climate & Temperature
- Dongola, Sudan is at 19°10'N, 30°29'E, 226 m (741 ft). See map.
- Dongola has a subtropical desert / low-latitude arid hot climate (Köppen-Geiger classification: BWh)
- According to the Holdridge life zones system of bioclimatic classification Dongola is situated in or near the tropical desert biome.
- The annual average temperature is 27.3 degrees Celsius (81.1 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 16.4 °C (29.5°F). This indicates that the continentality type is oceanic, subtype truly oceanic.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 17.8 mm (0.7 inches) which is equivalent to 17.8 Litres/m² (0.44 Gallons/ft²).
- Were you to burrow down through the centre of the Earth from Dongola you would pop up nearest to the climate station at Papeete, Tahiti, French Polynesia where you would find a Tropical monsoonal climate.
Dongola Climate Comparisons
In depth comparisons with over 3,600 world destinations. Better understand a climate by comparing it relative to one you know (check it out):
Rio de Janeiro,
Dongola Climate Graph in Metric Units
Dongola Climograph in English Units
Please help others find this resource by sharing the link:
Climate of Dongola, Sudan Discussion
Post your insights, comments, questions, answers, feedback, error reports, related link suggestions etc. using the easy form below.
Currently under general maintenance.|
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides:
- Aswan, Egypt - 585.6 kms (363.9 miles) NNE
- Wadi Halfa, Sudan - 308.2 kms (191.5 miles) NNE
- No. 6, Sudan - 278.7 kms (173.2 miles) NE
- Arbaat, Sudan - 683.5 kms (424.8 miles) E
- Abu Hamed, Sudan - 300 kms (186.4 miles) E
- Karima/ Kuraymah, Sudan - 159.3 kms (99 miles) ESE
- Atbara, Sudan - 402 kms (249.8 miles) ESE
- Hudeiba, Sudan - 405.2 kms (251.8 miles) ESE
- Shendi, Sudan - 415.5 kms (258.2 miles) SE
- Shambat, Sudan - 445.8 kms (277 miles) SSE
- Khartoum, Sudan - 453.2 kms (281.6 miles) SSE
- Halfa El Gedida, Sudan - 691.6 kms (429.8 miles) SE
- Wad Medani, Sudan - 618.8 kms (384.5 miles) SSE
- Ed Dueim, Sudan - 607.4 kms (377.4 miles) SSE